Happy Sunday! I’m typing this from my bed, not really wanting to face the fact that there’s snow on the ground again. It’s been a full and fun weekend here, so I’ve been enjoying some rest and blog reading this morning. Here are a few gems I’ve found:
Home & Family:
- Tips for a Simple Birthday Party – at SimpleBites. Practical advice for those of us on board with the idea of the good-enough birthday.
- He may not have a trophy but he’ll always have me – at Babble Voices. This sweet story about unconditional love and boys’ basketball from Tanis, AKA Redneck Mommy, had me choked up.
- How To Avoid Going End-of-Winter Batty – at Babble Voices. Here are 3 of the ways I stay sane and keep spring fever from getting me down.
Work & Money:
- The greatest gift blogging has given me – at MomCrunch. This slideshow features quotes from a bunch of mom bloggers – me included – about the best thing blogging has brought into our lives.
- What happy people know about money – at My 168 Hours. I’m really excited to read Laura Vanderkam’s new book All The Money In The World: What The Happiest People Know About Getting and Spending, which released just the other day.
- How I like to wear jeans: everyday look at Petit Elefant. Love how this lady can put together An Outfit starting with my daily staple, a pair of jeans.
- Can short-haired mamas look cute in winter hats? at Ain’t No Mom Jeans. My friend Shana sent me an email one day asking if I’d test out some winter hats to see how short-hair friendly they are, and so I took a detour during a grocery-shopping trip and had a try-on-a-thon. This post is the result. But I wasn’t the only one trying on hats that day…
I’d love to hear what you’re reading right now. Hope you’re having a great weekend!