How’s your weekend going? It’s been a lovely and relaxing one here. I’m visiting my sister for the weekend but still managed to catch a handful of blog gems for your enjoyment:
Bird Watching for Beginners – BostonMamas. I have always had a thing for birds in nature. (Not inside houses – that gives me the willies.) I love poring over Audubon prints, and this time of year, the singing of birds outside my bedroom window makes getting up early a lot more tolerable. So I was excited to see this post featuring beautiful bird photos and easy instruction for getting to know some of our feathered friends.
You Waxed Your What? – Allison from Petit Elefant, for BabyCenter. Whenever I hear a description of a Brazilian wax procedure, I cringe. When I read Allison’s hilarious post, I laughed…and still cringed. Too funny not to share.
Forward, Onward, Upward – Sweetney. Forgiveness is a powerful thing, and Tracey captured its essence in this raw post about closing the door on her former marriage and move on.
A Slant of Sun – Flux Capacitor. “I have always wanted to be a hard worker, an unselfish, generous, loyal, unconditionally loving person; I guess I expected this to happen through divine intervention. Instead, it’s happening through mothering my children.” I can’t sum up Maggie’s poignant, touching and oh so true piece of writing any better except to say: go read it.
I’ve love for you to check out my latest posts from around the ‘web. If you have a minute, please stop by and say “hello” to me at my new(ish) HGTV Gardens digs! It would make my day.
- Community Gardening: What Are the Rules of the Rows? An etiquette guideline for people sharing garden space with others.
- How To Make Raised Beds: This is how I’m planting our veggie garden this year. A basic primer with links to helpful resources.
- Navigate a Nursery With Confidence: If any of you are as overwhelmed by garden stores and nurseries as I sometimes am, this post might help.
- Feeding babies: follow tradition or do it your own way? Cheerios on the high chair tray? Check. Rice cereal? Well… There are some things I do just like my mom did, but I’ve strayed from tradition in other areas. How about you? Part of a YoBaby-sponsored series.
- I don’t take my kids outside to play. I SEND them outside to play. All about letting kids have outdoor freedom even in the face of fear and judgment.
That’s it for this week! Have a great Sunday and I’ll see you here tomorrow.