Hello all! Here in Michigan the unseasonably warm and sunny early October has shifted into a much chillier and wetter middle-of-the-month, which has inspired me to do more curling up and reading/thinking/writing. I’ve also been immersed in our mid-process kitchen renovation this week, which has had some interesting twists and turns, and has occupied my brain much more than I’d anticipated. I’ll be spending the late afternoon puzzling over flooring options (anyone have an opinion on cork click-in tiles versus linoleum click-in tiles?) but took a little break over the last hour to do some blog reading. Here are a few gems I found:
- What happens when your story changes? By Corey Allen at Simple Mom. Loved this post about making a great story right where you are. It reminded me a little of my old post “A conventional life”
- An interview with Mary Ostyn of Owlhaven at 4 Kids or More. I just love Mary, and always find her words inspire me and make me want to be a better mother and person.
- Love this idea of a “Still Life Sunday” on Velveteen Mama.
- Fall Wins: at Hip Mom’s Guide. It’s my favorite season, too, and though I did enjoy the brief summer-like temperatures, I have to admit I’m glad it’s “sweater weather” again. This post inspired me to really dive into autumn’s autumn-ness over the next few weeks.
- And I’d love if you’d check out my latest Babble Voices post about what I’m learning about living through a kitchen renovation.
What inspiring or thought-provoking blog posts have you read recently?