How is the fall cleaning challenge going in your house? If you haven’t quite kept up with the pace – of if you’ve just joined us – this post is for you! We’re visiting family in Florida this week (where it’s gorgeous and sunny – don’t hate me) so, since I won’t be home to do much cleaning, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to hit “pause” and give everyone a chance to catch up.
So if you’ve fallen behind – or never got started to begin with! – here’s your opportunity to look at the first three “zones” and dive in:
- Clean all ceiling light fixtures and fan blades
- Wipe down the tops of door frames, window frames and high windowsills
- Dust tops of high furniture and artwork/framed photos
- Vacuum cobwebs in ceiling corners
- Dust blinds
If you missed it, find out my favorite gentle household cleaners in this post.
- Clean windows
- Vacuum window wells and cleaning sills
- Dust furniture, TVs, lamps, electronics, and book shelves
- Wipe down dirty spots on walls and door frames
For a detailed list of supplies for Zone 2, be sure to click through to the post.
- Vacuum carpets
- Steam clean high traffic carpet areas
- Mop wood or laminate flooring and bathrooms
- Steam mop kitchen floors
Be sure to click through to the Zone 3 post for my favorite floor cleaning products.
I’ll be back next week with Zone 4 and a wrap-up!