If you’ve been reading here for a while, you probably know that Mondays are generally reserved for my Mindful Monday series. Since today kicks off my 6 Days of Holiday Giveaways, I thought it would be fun to set the mood for the week with a special Monday intention: filling the house with holiday music!
Music is one of my favorite parts of the holidays, and I love all kinds: from the secular to the sacred; from The Hallelujah Chorus to Holly Jolly Christmas. It sets the mood and creates the backdrop for our whole holiday season, and I like to have it on from the time the kids get home in the afternoon ’til bedtime. I like Christmas music even better than Christmas cookies, and that’s saying a lot.
So in the spirit of setting the holidays to music, I thought it would be fun to share our favorite holiday songs!! In no particular order, here are the 25 songs sure to top my holiday playlist (and yes, one song does appear three different times!)
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Bing Crosby
- O Come O Come Emmanuel -Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Winter Wonderland – Tony Bennett
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland
- O Holy Night – Nat King Cole
- Silver Bells – Bing Crosby
- What Child Is This?- Vince Guaraldi Trio
- The Holly and the Ivy – various choral arrangements
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- Santa Claus Came In The Spring – Benny Goodman
- Silver and Gold – Burl Ives
- Everybody’s Waitin’ For The Man With The Bag – Kay Starr
- The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Ann Margret and Al Hirt
- The Merriest – June Christy
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas – Bing Crosby
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing – Vince Guaraldi Trio/Peanuts
- The Little Drummer Boy – Perry Como
- Mele Kelikimaka – Bing Crosby
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow – Bing Crosby
- Sleigh Ride – Ella Fitzgerald
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- Hallelujah Chorus – Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Now here’s the really fun part – I’m going to send one of you a $25 iTunes gift card to expand your own holiday repertoire. All you have to do is leave a comment (I’d love to hear what’s on your playlist!) and you’ll be entered to win. The details:
- Giveaway open to US and Canada residents only
- To enter, simply leave a comment with a valid email address (in the email field, not in the body of the comment.)
- For up to 3 extra entries:
- Tweet about the contest, then leave an additional comment letting me know you did
- Share the contest on Facebook, then leave an additional comment letting me know you did
- Subscribe to (in progress!) email newsletter, then leave an additional comment letting me know. If you’re already a subscriber, that counts too!
Contest will close at 1 PM EST on Saturday, December 3. Winner will be selected randomly using the “And The Winner Is” WordPress plugin and published on The Happiest Mom by Sunday, December 4.
All entries will automatically be included in this weekend’s drawing for a Motorola Droid Razr!
Can’t wait to hear about your favorite holiday tunes!